In the event the season ends prior to a Naomi being awarded, the following system will be used to determine draft order depending when the season ends.
Scenario 1: If the season ends between weeks 1-7 . . .
1. First, the teams will be ranked by potential points scored. Each team’s optimal lineup will be determined and the points will be totaled. The team with the fewest points scored will be “1” and so and so forth.
2. Next, the teams will be divided into two separate lotteries. The teams with the 6 lowest potential points scored will be the first lottery group, and the 4 teams with the most potential points scored will be the second lottery group. The first lottery (Lottery 1) will determine picks 1 through 6. The second lottery (Lottery 2) will determine picks 7-10. The lotteries will only determine the first round draft order.
3. Lottery 1 odds:
A. Team 1 (fewest potential points scored): 30%
B. Team 2: 25%
C. Team 3: 20%
D. Team 4: 15%
E. Team 5: 6%
F. Team 6 (6th most potential points scored): 4%
4. Lottery 2 odds:
A. Team 7 (7th most potential points scored): 30%
B. Team 8: 27%
C. Team 9: 23%
D. Team 10 (most potential points scored): 20%
5. Rounds 2-5 will be determined by the potential points scored. The team with the fewest potential points scored will pick first in rounds 2-5 and so on and so forth.
Scenario 2: If the season ends after week 8 but prior to the regular season concluding . . .
1. Regular season standings will determine the team’s ranking 1 through 10. The team in last place will be 1 and the team in first place will be 10.
2. There will again be two lotteries. Lottery 1 will have up to 6 teams and will consist of teams 1 through 6, where 1 is the worst team in the league and 6 is the team in 5th place in the regular season standings. However, in the event that a team ranked 5th or 6th has clinched a playoff berth, they will be excluded from Lottery 1. Lottery 2 will consist of the top 4 teams in the regular season standings, and, if applicable, any other teams that clinched a playoff berth.
3. The odds for Lottery 1 and 2 will be the same as above in the event Lotteries 1 and 2 consist of 6 and 4 teams respectively. The lottery will determine the first round draft order. In the event the lotteries do not consist of 6 and 4, the odds will be adjusted at that time in a fair and consistent manner determined by the Commissioner’s Office.
4. The draft order for rounds 2-5 will be based on regular season standings, with the team in last place drafting in first in rounds 2-5 and so on and so forth.
Scenario 3:If the season ends in the middle of fantasy playoffs . . .
1. The teams in contention for the Sacko will proceed according to the normal draft lottery process.
2. If the season ends in Week 14, before a playoff game occurs, there will be a 6 team lottery for picks 5-10 in the first round with odds according to the Lottery 1 odds in scenario 1. For rounds 2-5, regular season standings will be used. For example, the worst team will pick first in rounds 2-5 and so on and so forth.
3. If the season ends in Week 15, after 2 teams have been eliminated, the two eliminated teams will have the normal coin flip to determine picks 5-6. The 4 teams remaining in Naomi contention will have a lottery for picks 7-10 according to the odds of Lottery 2 from scenario 1. For rounds 2-5 regular season standings will be used according to the prior example, except that the two teams eliminated will move up, if necessary, so that they are picking 5 and 6. The team with the worse regular season standing of the two eliminated teams will pick 5.
4. If the season ends in Week 16, after 4 teams have been eliminated, the first two teams eliminated will have the normal coin flip to determine picks 5-6. The next two teams eliminated from the week 15 game will have a coin flip to determine picks 7-8. The final two teams in contention for the Naomi will have a coin flip for picks 9-10. The approach from number 3 above will be applied for rounds 2-5 to determine draft order for picks 5-10.
Pray for a full season. This won’t be fun to calculate.